A full weekend of fun honoring all brave men and women of service:
- Heroes Family Fun Night: Gather the family and head to Coral Cay where you can indulge in ice cream, popcorn, games and a heroic movie under the stars on the Sports Field at Coral Cay. Free admission and open to the public.
- 5K Heroes Run/Walk, 8:00am: Wear your patriotic best or represent your department during this heroic 5K Run/Walk through the islands of Duck Key. Join in this unique 5K and a portion of your entry fee will be donated to the Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation. Early registration is $25, and $30 day of. The first 300 registrants will receive a race medal and t-shirt and a cold, post-race beer! Race start and finish is at the Marina/Angler & Ale parking lot.
HERE to register online.
- Post-Race Party: Come cheer on the Heroes Salute 5K participants as they cross the finish line. Participants will receive treats to refuel and all attendees can enjoy treats, drinks, and post-race massages! Medals and prizes will be awarded to top finishers. Admission to the Post-Race Party is free and open to the public. Party and race start and finish is at the Marina/Angler & Ale parking lot.
- Mini Touch-a-Truck, 8:30-10:30am: Kids and adults who are kids at heart will delight at the chance to explore the vehicles and equipment used by real-life heroes every day. From fire trucks to police cars and more, you'll have a chance to learn the ins and outs of their vehicles and life-saving equipment from heroes themselves. Free admission and open to the public. Located at the Marina/Angler & Ale parking lot.
- Heroes Tribute With Live Music at The Fire Pit: Join special guests and local heroes in honoring current and former members of the military, fire and rescue, law enforcement, sworn officers and medical personnel. This special event takes place under the stars at the Fire Pit and includes a video tribute created from guest-submitted images of their heroes. Do you have a hero you'd like to honor during the tribute? Send his or her picture, along with name and department of service, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Admission is free and open to the public.
- All-American BBQ & Fireworks, 6:00-9:00pm at the Beach Grill: Kick-off the evening's festivities with classic BBQ favorites. Enjoy the freedom of dining al fresco under the stars at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean. Purchase tickets for the All-American BBQ and you'll receive complimentary admission to the Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Concert and Fireworks Display! Adult ticket prices are $25.95, $13 for kids age 4-12, and children three and under are free. Open to the public.
CLICK HERE to purchase tickets.
- Howard Livingston & Mile Marker 24 Concert, 8:00-10:00pm: Dance, rock and cheer the night away with an all-original tropical island band! Gather around the Fire Pit, lounge by the pool, or pull up a seat at the Tiki Bar for a great show. Complimentary admission for guests of Hawks Cay Resort and attendees of the All-American BBQ.
- Fireworks Extravaganza,10:00pm at the Resort Pool: What better way to end a fantastic Heroes Salute Tribute Weekend than with a fireworks display over the Atlantic Ocean?! Complimentary admission for guests of Hawks Cay Resort and attendees of the All-American BBQ.